Application deadline is Friday 12/21/2018 for the 2019 Q1 Term.
Application deadline is Friday 3/22/2019 for the 2019 Q2 Term.
CSPA is assembling a Technical Steering Committee (TSC) to help guide the development of unbiased technical assessment of software engineers.
If you are a software engineer passionate about fixing technical interviews, please submit an application.
The CSPA Technical Steering Committee (TSC) is a newly formed body that will be responsible for CSPA exam format, content, and future direction. Its mission is to create the best possible assessment of software engineers -- one that is useful, up-to-date, and unbiased -- and bridges the gap between education and industry.
It is composed of 25 representatives from:
- Education. Professors, instructors, and curricula administrators from coding schools, MOOCs, and traditional universities. (5 seats)
- Industry. Software engineer veterans who have tons of experience hiring as well as a specific area of technical expertise. (15 seats)
- Open source. Creators of new technologies -- languages, frameworks, methodologies, etc., and the contributors who maintain them. (5 seats)
View the current members.
This first term will be Jan 1 to March 31, 2019. Afterwards, we will evaluate the program and make any changes if necessary. For now, we are planning on 3-month terms with possible renewal.
As a TSC member, you will:
- Join the CSPA TSC Slack group. It will be exclusive to the 25 TSC Committee Members and CSPA.
- Participate in discussions, moderated and led by CSPA. This is will all be done on Slack.
- Contribute to new exam questions. We expect you to come up with at least one good question a month.
- Discuss any future changes to CSPA topic coverage/curriculum.
- 3-month release cycle: At the end of each quarter, we want to release a new improved version of CSPA. This may include exam questions, topic coverage, format, and scoring algorithm
We expect a minimum commitment of 2 hours a month (via Slack).
In return for your service:
- You will be officially recognized as a CSPA Technical Steering Committee Member
- You will be part of an exclusive community of software engineers who want to fix the technical interview process. You'll get to network with past, present, and future committee members.
- If you are currently employed, your company will have a complimentary subscription to CSPA's Employer Access Program as long as you serve. This gives your company access to CSPA test takers' assessment data, resumes, and profiles (optional)
- We will donate $3000/month to the TSC members' charity of choice each month you are involved. Girls Who Code, Khan Academy, freeCodeCamp, etc.