Director of Assessment
CSPA is looking for an emerging leader to guide the construction and implementation of our assessments.
As an assessment service, CSPA's reputation is built on designing a fair, useful, valid, and reliable exam. As the Director of Assessment, your role is critical in maintaining this reputation. You have two or more years of experience in education research, understanding how to best design exam questions. You have strong quantitative analysis abilities and can crunch numbers to derive actionable insights. The ideal candidate also has familiarity with technical exam content.
Your mission is to deliver the highest quality and most innovative software engineering assessments on the market.
You will form and lead an advisory team of research scientists, and work closely with software engineers to build new psychometric processes.
- Work closely with Technical Steering Committee members to design items and processes that measure of cognitive ability, skills, and knowledge for career-readiness and technical aptitude
- Manage high standards around validation and reliability
- Preparing summaries and analyses of data, including visuals, and publishing them when appropriate
- Clean and manage large datasets, and execute complex research and data analysis
- Apply multiple analytic methods from statistics, psychometrics, and data science to test theoretical models and build predictive algorithms
- Masters or PhD in psychometrics, quantitative evaluation and assessment methodology, or related
- Strong experience leading cross-functional initiatives and/or high-performing teams
- Strong process orientation and ability to structure work for a team delivering at speed and scale
- Experience planning, designing, and building new assessments
- A track record of academic publishing related to psychometric assessments
- General understanding of assessment standards, regulations, and best practices
- Statistical and analytical software proficiency, such as R, SPSS, or SAS
Preferred or Bonus Qualifications
- General understanding of computer science and software engineering topics
- Some coding experience
- Flexible hours
- Flexible vacation days
- Excellent health care options
Who will I be working with?
We are a seed stage startup and have a small team. The environment is casual and informal, but we work hard and effectively. Our office is in Bespoke Coworking in San Francisco, so you get to meet lots of other startups in the space.
We recently finished Y Combinator (S18) and are backed by top angels and seed VC firms.
What makes this role different?
You will have unparalleled influence on the direction of the company. You'll be the first team member with expertise in assessment and evaluation, and we will look to you for guidance in these areas. In addition to being the core subject matter expert, you'll participate in discussions around tech, product, marketing, and more (if you want).
CSPA is a mission-driven organization dedicated to the accurate and complete assessment of software engineers.
CSPA designs and administers the Computer Science Proficiency Assessment, a standardized exam for software engineers and job seekers in the software industry.
||node, react, mysql, aws, python, php