Recruiting & Communications Specialist
We’re looking for a Recruiting & Communications Specialist to contribute to the growth and success of our startup! In this role, you will get a chance to help craft our brand, story, and all the messaging we share with the world.
You’ll help raise our startup’s profile through direct outreach, marketing campaigns, event hostings and community building. You’ll be reaching out to thousands and thousands of engineers, and help them land their first job.
- Source and reach out to aspiring engineers from all over the country
- Craft blog posts, updates, emails, and other messaging to the public and our stakeholders, including our employers and candidates
- Create and manage a variety of marketing communications, including web, advertising, social media, print collateral, and photography
- Help us build a strong community and reach out to the right audience
- Share our compelling mission and unique company story with the world and help our startup build our brand
- Ensure every candidate has an excellent experience
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills along with excellent time management, attention to detail, and organizational abilities
- Proven ability to work with strict deadlines, managing a variety of tasks, while working independently and/or with teams to complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to be scrappy, work with little instructions and have the creativity to come up with new ideas and strategies, then execute them
Preferred or Bonus Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or Graphic Design
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in developing marketing and communications for the tech industry and/or 2+ years of hands-on experience in recruiting
- Past experience working at a startup a plus
What will my day-to-day look like?
- Create a pipeline of engineering students and organize cost-efficient campaigns to reach these students
- Manage social media and marketing, come out with creative ideas and strategies, then find the cheapest way to execute and bring them to life.
- Manage the communication between candidates, employers, partners, and other stakeholders
Who will I be working with?
You’ll be working directly with the founders!
What makes this role different?
The role will give you plenty of space for your creativity. You’ll be able to leave a major impact by helping young, aspiring engineers land their first job. You’ll get to meet a ton of people and share our company’s mission and value with them.
CSPA is a mission-driven organization dedicated to the accurate and complete assessment of software engineers.
CSPA designs and administers the Computer Science Proficiency Assessment, a standardized exam for software engineers and job seekers in the software industry.
||node, react, mysql, aws, python, php